Mobility and Moving with Children

Moving with a child to a different town, city, province or country usually requires the consent of both parents or court approval. If a move would result in a change to the child’s school or parenting schedule, it will likely require permission.

In some cases, a parent’s ability to move with a child is provided for by a Separation Agreement or Court Order. If you anticipate future moves with your child, you may consider creating such an agreement.

The family law lawyers at MDW Law in Halifax are experienced in negotiating and litigating mobility cases, including at the Nova Scotia Court of Appeal. We represent both clients who are seeking to move and who wish to prevent a move.

Related Life Events