Angela Walker – December 2018
It is at this time of year, more than any other, that I reflect, not only on what has transpired over the course of the year (both good and bad) but also about what I am grateful for.
As a lawyer, business owner, and mother/wife/sister/friend, I routinely feel pulled in seemingly endless directions. When I take the time to pause, it is with incredible appreciation that I view my life. As stated by William Ward, “Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.” So here goes….
As a lawyer, I am grateful for….
- the privilege of hearing my clients’ stories, providing advice, and walking through the journey of separation and divorce by their side;
- the law firm that I have created with my business partners;
- the incredible team we have at MDW Law – their dedication, willingness to help and provide excellent client service;
- my business partners – an amazing team of women who routinely inspire and support me while also fueling deep belly laughs;
- the mentorship and friendship of Mary Jane McGinty, whose own courage served to start what is now MDW Law;
- the opportunity to work in a career that challenges me every day;
- practicing law in a country where it is safe to advocate for my clients;
- the ability to work from home and comfortably manage the demands of work, home and life;
- the thrill of a win, the satisfaction of a settlement, and the ability to help people bring closure to a stressful event in their lives; and
- my little guy, who at five years old thinks lawyers are “superheroes” and my husband, who thinks I am a superhero.
Here’s looking forward to an exciting 2019. Happy Holidays and Happy New Year!!