Adam is our wills, trusts, and probate lawyer and specializes in the complex intersections of family interactions. Adam brings his knowledge to assist in planning your succession during the high conflict process of family law litigation. His services include everything from preparing wills and trusts, to drafting powers of attorney for property and personal care, creating trusts, as well as minimizing taxes on death.
Adam articled with the Province of Nova Scotia and was quickly exposed to a variety of drafting and litigation matters including Procurement, Corporate Commercial, Administrative, and Privacy law. Adam then specialized in Estate Planning with Patterson Law, working on corporate commercial transactions, reorganizations and tax planning. His ability to advise clients as a solicitor and act for clients as a barrister is an asset he brings to representing clients. In a stressful time in a client’s life, Adam brings a level head and effective estate planning abilities to achieve the best results.
Adam has lived in Nova Scotia for the past 10 years and is intimately involved in the local community. Adam spends significant time engaged in the North End as a Board Member of the Bus Stop Theatre Co-operative and CraneHQ Halifax. He spends his down time writing and acting in theatre productions.
Adam’s Estate Planning, Wills, and Trust practice includes:
- tax-effective estate planning
- trusts, including discretionary family trusts, testamentary trusts, Henson trusts, alter ego/joint partner trusts, asset protection trusts
- drafting power of attorneys and personal directives
- estates with no will (Intestate Estates)
- probate and tax planning for estates and beneficiaries
- emergency trusteeship or guardianship
Publications and Speaking Engagements
- Canadian Bar Association, “Parenting in the Time of Covid”
BA Hon Political Science – Carleton
J.D. – Dalhousie University
2017 Nova Scotia